Why they need to be seen to be believed?
With its NanoPower® series, WaterVision optmises the lighting effect in the water. This is in contrast to the WaterVision Kelvin® series, which is optimised for the best lumen/watt ratio, as is usual with underwater lighting. But does more light really lead to better visibility?
With NanoPower, WaterVision strives to optimise the lighting effect in water to offer:
- Safety: a higher contrast between swimmers and their surroundings leads to better visibility of the swimmer, especially in the peripheral vision.
- Light efficiency: by (a) minimising light attenuation in the water and (b) keeping the light in the water for as long as possible, the lighting effect is significantly improved.
- Good distribution of the light: with a minimum of lamps it is still possible to clearly light all corners of the swimming pool.
- Pleasant light: (a) minimal glare in and above water and (b) light composition that makes people feel comfortable.
- Total lighting effect in all facets: roughly 90% of pools can be divided into three categories: stainless steel pools, pools tiled with hard-glazed tiles and outdoor natural pools. WaterVision offers optimised floodlights for each category.
Lumen values are therefore not representative of the optimal light effect in the water. That's why we say: "Seeing is believing". We would also be happy to put you in touch with one of our many satisfied NanoPower users, so that they can share their experiences with you.
The NanoPower colours
NanoPower lamps are available in the three natural colours of water: Mediterranean Blue, Bright White and Spring White. These light colours provide different effects and atmospheric experiences. Every indoor or outdoor pool can usually be (invisibly) matched with an optimal colour and experience. Below, you can find advice on which colour best matches in different situations:
Where is NanoPower used?
NanoPower comes into its own when light has to pass through water over longer distances (>7m). This is generally in pools larger than 100m2. With NanoPower, the opposite pool wall is lit, as a rule. Typically, when the two lamps shine opposite each other, the middle of the pool is lit most intensely. For smaller pools, we recommend the WV15 Kelvin series of underwater floodlights.
Durable and robust
The timeless and characteristic design of the WV15 fittings has remained unchanged and unrivalled since 2004. All WaterVision LED engines up to 200 Watt fit in the same housing. You may choose for yourself whether to take a different colour or changing colours. This makes replacing and upgrading the lamps easy and economical. Not only does this save time but it also saves considerably on costs. The fitting is durable and by reusing it, you help to protect the environment.
How many NanoPower lamps do I need?
The example below shows how many NanoPower® lamps are recommended for a 25 metre pool, compared to LED lamps from the Kelvin series. This represents a saving of 50% on lamps and 50% on energy.
The illustration alongside shows how the different NanoPower colours perform compared to the Kelvin LED lighting colours (Warm White, Cool White and Aqua Blue). The comparison is based on the properties of visibility, light distribution and light efficiency.
Self-assembly? It’s easy:
We have put together the part list below for ordering WV NanoPower lamps. You just need to make the following choices:
- Water type: chlorinated water or salt water/seawater
- Enclosure: rounded edge or flat
- Cable length: 5 metres as standard. Can be increased in increments of 5 metres
Article list - 2020
|Operating Voltage||24V (DC)|
|Output||30, 60, 80 Watt|
|Light output||Excellent light/wattage ratio|
|Light colours||Bright White, Spring White, Mediterranean Blue|
|Material||Chlorinated water: stainless steel 316L
Salt water: stainless steel 904L with wear- and impact-resistant acrylate light window
|Dimensions||Ø265 mm x 24 mm|
|Optics||Multimirror® wide angle clear
|Housing||With rounded edge (standard)
With flat edge
|Country of origin||The Netherlands|
Easy to install
The WV15 NanoPower® underwater floodlight can be installed easily and quickly, and has the following properties:
- Fits all commonly used boxes.
- Can be flush-mounted to the wall.
- Can be mounted with or without a mounting box.
- Can be mounted on the bottom and walls of the swimming pool.
- No active components needed around the perimeter of the pool.
- All connected parts have clamp connectors to enable quick mounting.
- Fully protected against installation errors, such as short circuits, accidentally swapping the positive and negative poles, damaging the cable, etc.
Dimensions WV15 with rounded and flat edge